Position: Communications System & Bench / Field Engineer (Permanent)
Start date: ASAP
Date Added: 31/01/2017
An experienced hands-on Systems & bench Engineer with a strong background in Communication Systems VHF/UHF conventional, MPT1327 & Digital Communication Systems, is required by a leading Communications Systems Solutions provider in London.
- Proven working experience in a systems design or development engineering role, preferably in VHF/UHF communications.
- Demonstrable capability of acting as lead engineer on one or more successful bids/projects from initial enquiry to award or from order to final acceptance.
- Working knowledge of communal site engineering, cavity & hybrid TX combining.
- Working Knowledge of receiver signal amplifiers (including radio coverage, effects and levels of; system losses, wideband noise, intermodulation, cross modulation and de-sensitisation).
- Good understanding of component level fault finding of mobile & handportable equipment.
- Good understanding of system design and custom programming of equipment.
- Experience in customer facing roles.
- Ability to work swiftly and efficiently under pressure.
- Analytical thinker
- Degree or NHD qualified, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work swiftly & efficiently under occasional pressure
Responsibilities will include:
- Booking in stock to the hire database and accounting software package.
- Maintenance of the equipment store ensuring that incoming and outgoing equipment is updated on the hire database.
- Programming of radios and other equipment.
- Taking service and installation calls.
- Packaging goods to be sent out via our courier supplier.
- Vehicle radio and tracker installations where and when necessary.
- Field installations where and when necessary.
- Maintenance of the hire fleet ensuring an up to date stock list.
- Monitoring of the reception counter.
- Stock monitoring and ordering as and when needed, to ensure stock never runs out.
Salary on application + use of Motorcycle, Private Health Care, Non Contributory Private Pension Scheme, Flexible Working Hours, Canteen and more...
Please send CV's to: Pero Coetzee Service Director firstname.lastname@example.org